PDA

View Full Version : Betting Exchange Acadamy.

Spekkles
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
This is through the Betangel website.

Am just wondering if anyone on the board has attended this one day course?

400 - is that a fair price?

Spekkles
24-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Well - Ive taken the plunge.

They just announced 20th October is the last date for this year, so Ive paid my 400 this morning, and gonna give it a try.

fazzyc
24-09-2009, 03:59 PM
oh well you can report back to us on this one then speck,lets hope its worth the $$$$ for yr sake at least

cleaner
24-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Well - Ive taken the plunge.

They just announced 20th October is the last date for this year, so Ive paid my 400 this morning, and gonna give it a try.

You won't regret it.
Just take a long sleep night before as it is exhausting experience.
And don't be shy! And don't feel intimidated by the other participants - they are not that successful as they will claim....

markvii
24-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Yes do please let us know. It should be a good course and worth every .

You won't regret it.
Just take a long sleep night before as it is exhausting experience.
And don't be shy! And don't feel intimidated by the other participants - they are not that successful as they will claim....

Cleaner, did you attend the course ? If yes could you please tell us more about it.

I have heard you get a 160 pages course notes when you attend. Are those notes any good ?

Any info appreciated.

cleaner
25-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I attended 2 seminars back in Spring 2007 at Kempton Racecourse.
One was about using BA to trade horses run by one trader whos name I don't remember.
Another one was about trading itself and BA was presented as a tool not as a solution. This one was hosted by Peter Webb.
Cost was 200 and 300 respectively IIRC.
Included in the price was one month access to BA (which was 50 back then ?).
Plus good comprehensive manual - 160-180 pages or so - which obviously is now a little outdated. I think this is more or less the book which was supposed to be published a year ago but has been withdrawn from printers by P.W.
Very intensive curriculum, no BS, helpful host eager to answer your questions. Plenty of additional tips and tricks and infos how markets work, react, etc.
Attendees from around the globe which must mean something.
Plus live session - Peter trades while you watch and explains his thought process.
Definitely money well spent IMHO.

mattyb
25-09-2009, 05:59 AM
I would love to go to this, Adam Heathcote makes around 40k per month after doing his course 2 years ago. Check this out!!!! ;

http://adamheathcote.blogspot.com/

As you can see, he calls making 1000 in a day 'average' !!!??!?! WTF?????
Good luck to you Spekkles i say.

Spekkles
28-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Well - attended this last week.

Overall - I have to admit, am disappointed.

First of all, you really need a good size bankroll to implement most of Peters strategies.
Eg......''this will work even with smaller stakes of 200 or 500'' - to me, that is not small stakes.

Not a lot of point going in with much less, as some of it involves forcing a price - and lets be honest, going in with 50 or 100, is not going to force a price.

On the course, there were a couple of people who had never traded or only been on betfair a couple of times, and judging by the expression on their faces, I dont think they will benefit much from it.

I had a couple of points to ask after I left, and emailed Peter with questions - they appear not to be interested afterwards - they have your 400, and that is all that matters to them. (emails - although the original email came from peter, they just go through to betangel admin.

The best way to sum it up would be a sales pitch for Bet Angel.

I am doing no better now trading than I was before the course.

Pays your money - takes your chance.

kawasaki
28-10-2009, 04:13 PM
you will hear nothing new what you can read in online traders blogs for free

Ark Royal
28-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the review Spekkles, shame it didn't deliver for you.

All the Best
AR

ossie
28-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I would love to go to this, Adam Heathcote makes around 40k per month after doing his course 2 years ago. Check this out!!!! ;

http://adamheathcote.blogspot.com/

As you can see, he calls making 1000 in a day 'average' !!!??!?! WTF?????
Good luck to you Spekkles i say.

I would not take too much notice of what Adam Heathcote says. He started a 'service' a few months back which basically told you what horses he thought were going to lengthen or get shorter so you could either back or lay then trade out before the start of the race.

Judging by the reaction of Punters on the Betfair Forum this 50 a month service was not a success & most of them were down considerable amounts :(

IrishMick
28-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I would not take too much notice of what Adam Heathcote says. He started a 'service' a few months back which basically told you what horses he thought were going to lengthen or get shorter so you could either back or lay then trade out before the start of the race.

Judging by the reaction of Punters on the Betfair Forum this 50 a month service was not a success & most of them were down considerable amounts :(

If making 1000 a day was just ok for him then why would he be bothered selling a service at 50 a month to fuck up his trading as all will be trading the same horses. It never fails to amaze me the services people get fooled by. your quite right Ossie ignore all the BS on his blog.

Mick

irisheyes
28-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us...hopefully you will earn back your 400 quid one way or another over the next few weeks...mind you 50 people have just paid 2000 each to attend a completely anonymous event run by some character called Paul Beaumont, so at least you didn't fall for that one.

Keep at it son!

Spekkles
31-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Rather amusing update on this.

I received the following email from Bet Angel admin.
We always welcome feedback of any kind. I would be interested to know
what you thought of the course and the academy in general.
unquote

So I registered for the bet angel forum, and basically said what I had said in here.

It was deleted within minutes.

Kinda backs up what I said in my opinion of the course really.

irisheyes
31-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Deleted within minutes???? Good grief, they must be worse than British censors in WW2.

Also, they must be only filtering out good testimonials. What a load of crap if they do that!

...unless of course you did a one liner??????????? :) :) :) :)

Spekkles
31-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Deleted within minutes???? Good grief, they must be worse than British censors in WW2.

Also, they must be only filtering out good testimonials. What a load of crap if they do that!

...unless of course you did a one liner??????????? :) :) :) :)

Certainly wasnt a one-liner.

Similar to my write-up in here - with a bit more explanation.

There was nothing in that shouldnt be there, and was my honest opinion.

I have emailed Peter Webb and told him how ridiculous it was that they ask for honest opinions then delete them. He has told me he will look into it, and get back to me on Monday - watch this space

irisheyes
01-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Why not run your own seminars, and ask people only to pay a deposit up front enough to cover the hire of the room and your petrol. Then, before, tell them to pay you what they think the knowledge was worth and then everyone would be happy.

Quite often, people are excited on the day and will gladly donate generously for your nuggets.

If they have to pay up front and the workshop isn't up to their expectations, then there is negativity and resentment within their hearts and this will impact on your future.

Spekkles
03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Why not run your own seminars, and ask people only to pay a deposit up front enough to cover the hire of the room and your petrol. Then, before, tell them to pay you what they think the knowledge was worth and then everyone would be happy.

Quite often, people are excited on the day and will gladly donate generously for your nuggets.

If they have to pay up front and the workshop isn't up to their expectations, then there is negativity and resentment within their hearts and this will impact on your future.

I wish I had the know-how to do it.

No follow up from Peter as he said he would tho.

ossie
03-11-2009, 01:40 PM
I wish I had the know-how to do it.

No follow up from Peter as he said he would tho.

I'm afraid it's the same with most of these people. Once they have got their hands on your cash they lose interest in you :(

Spekkles
06-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm afraid it's the same with most of these people. Once they have got their hands on your cash they lose interest in you :(

Very much so.

Still no email from Webb as he assured me he would send.

Looks like he is as much of a bullshitter as the rest

kautostar
09-11-2009, 01:08 AM
is heathcote for real?

i always found it odd how you would find earning a grand a day average :confused:

irisheyes
09-11-2009, 06:38 AM
1000 squidattios a month would do me!!

Nice comparative "average"

kautostar
09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
but he does not have s1mple tastes l1ke you son

Human123
08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Just wondered if there was any new info on this?

I was reading adam heathcotes blog and if hes fake its pretty long and drawn out since his posts seem pretty genuine. If you were going to fake a blog you might just throw a few screenshots, like the psychoff blog.

Also, is 1000 a day actually possible with the liquidity in the horse markets?